Wednesday, December 21, 2011

ADVENTure Day 20: Movies & Favorite Things

 Today the girls and I took our kiddos to the movies. Alvin & the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked! With four adults and 9 kids we filled nearly an entire row of the theater. Here we are:


Sam, Tyler, Jacob, Tyler, Wyatt, Kelly, Maddie, Nicole, Kayla, Chloe, Susan, Joan (can't see the last 3)

Last night, I had the fine pleasure of attending a favorite things party at Mel's house. (By the way, when I grow up, I want to throw parties like Mel does. She's seriously so, so talented, and all over party blogs and pinterest because of her amazing attention to detail.)

Anyhoo, we were supposed to bring along 3 wrapped presents, all the same, under $10, that represent some of our favorite things. I brought gifts representing my favorite way to start the morning: delicious coffee home roasted by my hubby, a beautiful journal, and my favorite pen ever: the sharpie fine (won't bleed through paper):


Everyone who attends draws three names, hands out their gifts to the corresponding gifts, and explains why they are favorites. Mel had cooked enough appetizers and desserts to feed a small army, and the house was covered with little handmade brown paper packaging cards. Ah-dor-ah-blay.


And it wouldn't be a favorite things party without some of my favorite friends! Bridgette, Kelly and Susan: 


The hostess with the mostest, opening one of my favorite things gifts:


All of us together, Kelly, me, Susan, Mel, Bridgette & Nicole:


Such a fun night, and such a fun party. Thanks, Mel and friends!!

1 comment:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Yeah for favorite things! I am SO glad I got your present..can't wait to make Ben's coffee! I just need to find my coffee grinder :)
P.S. I snagged the group photo! Yours turned out way better!