Thursday, September 27, 2012

delighting in the monotonous

Sometimes life as a mother (worker, disciple, friend, neighbor, spouse...) can feel monotonous. It can feel like the same thing, over and over, day in and day out.

laundry
meals
cleaning
whining
busy work
errands
frustration
sin
worry
impatience
relational strain
carpool
talking back
bickering

I start to think, "Really, God? Why does it feel like Groundhog Day, the same problems, the same sin, the same frustrations that plague me again and again?"

Then I consider my kids, who delight in doing the same exact thing, over and over and over. My son will sit and play with his legos, singing the same lyrics twenty times. My daughter will watch with amazement as her Daddy makes a coin disappear, and because she is desperate to figure it out, she asks "Do it again, Daddy! Again!" 

Why do I struggle with the monotonous when my children delight in it? 

This quote always gets me thinking, so I'm sharing it with you today:



Hope you can find some daisies to admire today. You'll never look at them the same way again. :)

No comments: