Saturday, August 18, 2012

baby #3: two months pregnant

Dear baby number three,

Well, aren't you a delightful little surprise?! After trouble getting pregnant with your big sister, less so with your big brother, and then eventually giving up on a third, you came along and completely and totally surprised us with joy and eager anticipation. 

I used to look at women who got pregnant unknowingly and think, "Wow, it must be nice to not even have to think about getting pregnant." What a funny, gracious, generous God we have! I've been drawn toward names meaning "gift," "grace," and "mercy," because to us, sweet little expected one, you are all those things.

So far you've made yourself known through nausea, headaches, large but sore breasts, and some crazy cravings. Every morning I wake up and eat a banana. Sometimes two. The combination of sweet carbs is just what my body needs to head off the morning sickness. Then it's a cup of tea, with honey. Coffee, no so bueno. And omelets. I've never made so many omelets in my life as I have in the past three weeks.



Later in the day I'm crazy for protein and produce. Grilled chicken, steak, big leafy salads, crunchy green grapes, sweet watermelon, fresh tomatoes. And for dinner, something ethnic--thai, vietnamese, mexican--or an enormo green salad piled high with toppings. 

I also went through a quart of homemade chocolate ice cream in four days. Oh yes, I did.

At seven weeks we had an ultrasound where I got to see your little gummy-bear self and hear that strong heartbeat. 144bpm, the most lovely sound a mama's ears could hear. Have fun enjoying all that space in there, little one. It won't last long!

Thanks be to God for this indescribable, undeserved, amazing, wonderful gift. Praising Him for his faithfulness and grace in my life.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

First of all, Congratulations on the new baby!!! How incredibly exciting! And second, I love love love the new look of your blog! Very clean and fresh. BEAUTIFUL!

Kari Brotnov said...

I had no idea! So happy for you. I love your blog. Anytime i actually can steal away a moment on the computer I love catching up on your beautiful life. Looking forward to reading about your newest pregnacy adventures:}