Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sunday Brunch: My Mother's Day Picks

My idea of a perfect Mother's Day would start with a steaming cup of my homemade chai. This is pretty much how every day starts for me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The warm, vanilla cinnamon flavors wake me up just enough to sit up at the bar and read through my scriptures for the day.


And because I love sweets, my ideal brunch would most likely include these fabulous mini-donuts I made after stumbling across Roost's recipe. I'd either bite into one with coconut and toasted hazelnuts (their suggestion) or just coconut. Yummy!


There's always almond flour waffles for the grain-free mama in your life. Topped with sauteed apples, bananas or even pineapple, they are sure to be a hit. 


For a savory treat, check out this amazing frittata. Simple, quick, and full of flavor.


And, just for kicks, a delicious new recipe I tried out today: Raspberry Poppyseed Muffins. Sure to be a hit with any mom who enjoys the tart taste of red raspberries, all in a delicate and light crumb.


Raspberry Poppyseed Muffins
adapted from Eat Well, Feel Well
makes 10

3 C. almond flour
2 large eggs
8 TBS. unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 1/2 C. fresh raspberries
2 TBS. poppyseeds

Preheat the oven to 350. Line a standard muffin pan with liners (or use these fancy stand-alone paper cups). In a food processor, combine all ingredients except raspberries and poppyseeds. Process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl, mix in poppyseeds, then gently fold in raspberries using a rubber spatula.

Using two spoons (one to scoop, one to scrape), fill muffin liners 1/2 of the way full. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

Jenna Tracy said...

Who are you and how are you so adorable?!

Always share your scrumptious-looking recipes with a friend of mine who prefers grain-free, processed sugar-free etc foods :)