Tuesday, April 04, 2006

a Word for me

In a previous post I mentioned that I've been really behind in my quiet times with the Lord, that I've been feeling a lot of spiritual disconnect. That, and I've been complaining a lot about the weather. So I found it to be no coincidence that my daily devotional had this to say today:

Who maketh the clouds His chariot; who walketh upon the wings of the wind.
Psalm 104:3

Clouds and storms are also part of My way. The sunshine of My grace is hidden from view as they do their necessary
work. See how in My natural world these things play their necessary role to the ongoing of life, and be aware, My child,
of their beneficial role in your spiritual life. Clouds and storms are also part of My way."


My mind is so temporal, His ways are so eternal. For me, the two-week wait between ovulation and pregnancy test seems like years. To Him, it is but a blip on the radar screen of my life. The rain seems endless, but even the storms are a part of His plan and purpose.

I don't want to be a fair-weather believer. I want to trust through the storms and clouds and fire and flame and flood, as the Psalmist does in the passage. This is why I need to be in the Word. Because there is always a word for me.

No comments: