Friday, June 29, 2012

Sabbath Adventures: Girls' Weekend

Two weekends ago I got away with my two besties to celebrate Kelly's 35th birthday. It had been a looong time (over four years) since we all got away, overnight, together. That's a whole other post in itself. Suffice it to say, we had a great time. 

We hung out in beautiful Napa Valley for two days and a night. We did some wine tasting. We ate some cheese. We lounged by the pool. We read. We laughed. We brunched. We toasted.

Instagrams by Suz:



We might have gone a little overboard on the cheese:


laughter at golden hour (and yes, I am wearing clothes):



my sweet, lovely, gifted, beautiful, wise, wonderful friends:


too bad we didn't have any room for dessert after the to-die-for brunch:


All three of us (in the strange yellow light cast by the restaurant's awning)!



I know that church planting can be a lonely place for many pastors and their wives. My life is SO FULL and these two ladies are a big part of that. Beyond grateful to my Heavenly Father who has given me two lifelong friends. Even though we all lead our own missional communities now, our relationships are as strong as ever. Can't imagine being on this journey without Suz and Kelly. Love you girls!

Hooray for Girls' Weekend!!!! 

(when can we go again?)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How fun! Love weekends with my girls. And I almost bought that dress a couple of weeks ago :)