Friday, June 22, 2012

good eats/good reads


It's time for another roundup of happy things 'round the internet! Looking forward to a great weekend ahead: dinner with friends, baptism & celebration service with our church, encouraging a young couple about to get married, & meeting up with my wonderful parents in Napa for a night. For your weekend reading pleasure:

good eats

I finally got around to making Urban Poser's beet chips with homemade tzakizi dipping sauce. Oh. My. If you love beets and miss potato chips, this is the way to go. Make these soon.



It's that season where watermelon and feta recipes are hopping up all over the place. I can't eat feta or grains, but how delicious does this quinoa salad look over at Annie's Eats?

 The Vintage Mixer's recent posts on Italy make me want to crawl inside my computer and eat my way out. (Does that happen to anyone else?) But it was this gorgeous frittata in the blue enamel pan that really caught my eye. I just love a good frittata.

good reads

If you are interested in learning more about cooking with almond flour, Urban Poser did an awesome post on the how and what and when of this delicious and versatile ingredient. Check it out.

There are so many amazing bloggers out there. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to keep it all together, managing family, business, blogging, etc. Then someone like Sarah at Whoorl keeps it real with a post like this. Good to know I'm not alone.

I've got to try this. I really, really hope it works. It's a full-time job picking up after my kids (and/or nagging them to do the job themselves).

Word. That's all I need to say.

Happy weekend, dear readers! What's on your agenda for the next few days?

No comments: