Monday, July 27, 2009

open-mouthed grins

Samuel, 4 1/2 months











Maddie, almost 4 months

Now that Sam's here, I find myself remembering little moments from Maddie's infancy as we progress through various milestones. Just this weekend he was rolling and laughing and all smiles as he played outside on his quilt. I grabbed the camera to snap a picture and instantly flashed back to taking this photo of Maddie from May 2007. Two-plus years later, and Sam was even playing with the same toys: the little gym elephant and teething rings!

As I nursed Samuel to sleep last night, I was amazed at his length in my arms and thought of a blog post I wrote about Maddie. I jumped back to find her photo this morning and there was the post, dated June 2007, about the time Maddie turned 5 months. Time flies when you're having fun!

1 comment:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

they both have such great smiles! And, they look SO much alike to me! I also read the blog post you wrote in June 2007 & it made me teary eyed (in a good way!)