Tuesday, July 18, 2006

post-vacation glow

Oahu was amazing...it was exactly the babymoon we needed. Restful, relaxing, and fun! It's amazing what a few days in paradise does for the soul. Lots of swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing, boogie boarding, eating, walking, resting...and all of it together. :) I even managed to avoid getting a sunburn this time, just a slight tan. Though I'm no match for my brown hubby, who's had three weeks off to work on his lovely color.

There were lots of prego ladies and small babies on the island. It made us yearn for our little one more than ever. We'd gaze down at the little bump and say "we can't wait for you to come!" Granted, we want him/her to stay in there until good and ready, but the feeling of anticipation grows with each day. We hope to get started on the nursery in the next month or so, which will make things very real and very fun. And less than six weeks until we find out the sex of our baby...though we've been feeling the girl vibe lately.

Last night I talked to my sister-in-law and found out that theyr'e expecting their 3rd in March--just 7 or 8 weeks behind me. So at future holiday gatherings we will have 3 new babies to add to the bunch, with my cousin's little one due about the same time as my new niece/nephew. The family is super excited!

Not much else going on. I know that I'll have to talk with my clients soon about being pregnant, which makes me sad. I hate to be one more person to leave these kids, who've been abandoned so many times. It breaks my heart, yet I know that they need to have "good" goodbyes as a model to balance the many goodbyes that have been out of their control. I'm hoping and praying that there will be smooth transitions for all of them, and my own feelings of abandoning them won't negatively affect the work we can do in the next 5 months.

No comments: