Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fabulous Fifteen Weeks and Super Sober Prego Woman

My girlfriend's bachelorette party was this past weekend at a lake a few hours away. It was a great relief to be near the water for a few days while it was 112 degrees at home. Yikes. The weekend was pretty much like high school--me the responsible non-drinker, winding about the festivities like a mother hen keeping track of all her wandering chicks.

As we left the small town bar at around 1:30 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning, a number of concerned people were approaching the group of us, wondering how we could possibly make it home safely. Little did they know that my cocktails that evening had consisted of 4 glasses of water and two Shirley Temples, making me Super Sober Prego Woman! It was quite a sight to see me driving the whole lot of them home in someone's Ford F-350 Turbo Diesel king cab truck. Hilarious. I can definitely say that I am not one to be mother to multiple girls. Too much drama for this mama!

On Saturday morning, upon waking after less than five hours of sleep, I had a cup of tea and, as is my normal routine, took my prenatal and colitis meds as I prepared to eat breakfast. Well, the meal ended up taking longer than I predicted and I ended up throwing up for the first time this pregnancy! As I sat over the porcelain ring, I thought to myself, "Now this just isn't fair. I didn't even DRINK last night!" But a few minutes and some breakfast bites later, I felt much, much better.

All in all, I'm feeling much more like myself. Other than a few encounters with morning nausea in the past week, I've felt good. The other night I was hugging my hubby and he noticed something had come between us...the baby has already wriggled its way into the middle of our lives in the form of a belly bump. Too cute for words (the baby, not the expando belly).

I ordered some swatches online last week and they arrived in the mail. We're starting to plan out the baby's nursery, and I couldn't be more thrilled. This is exactly what I've been waiting for these past few years--the planning, the shopping, the preparations. It's all too wonderful.

No comments: