Thursday, November 24, 2011

every day should be thanksgiving

Tonight as I tucked in an exhausted Maddie, she asked me why Thanksgiving couldn't be every day. I told her, "Well, you can celebrate Thanksgiving every day simply by remembering to be grateful for all of our blessings!" She replied, "Oh, good, " and turned over to go to sleep.





And we have SO MUCH to be thankful for. Just a bit of what I'm thanking God for today:

Thankful for clean water.

Thankful for a roof over my head

Thankful for plenty to eat:




Thankful for a family that loves me.

Thankful for a community that feels like family.

Thankful that none of my children are sick, suffering, or enslaved.


Thankful for a little boy who wants to kiss, hug, high-five AND fist-bump before going to bed.

Thankful for my hardworking hubby who amazes me with his integrity, faith, and love.

Thankful for Jennie's apple pie with whipping cream.

Especially thankful for JESUS, who makes Thanksgiving-every-day possible.


Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

2 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Becky! I am thankful for you & your family! We miss you, let's hang out SOON!

Becky said...

Miss you, too! Let's figure out a play date soon. XOXO