Tuesday, August 25, 2009

precious

There are many moments as a mother of two young children where I find myself desperate for simpler, less trying times. I say, "I can't wait for this stage to be over," thinking how much easier it will be on the other side of running away, sassy back talk, or 3am poop-fests.


But then I get on the other side of my camera, and as I peek through the lens at the angelic, gorgeous, inquisitive and playful faces of my children, those moments drift away. When the shutter flicks open I want to pause life, to capture that perfect speck of time in which my child absolutely takes my breath away.


And so I make it a habit to pick up the camera as often as possible, if not to capture the childhood that is so quickly slipping away, then to make myself see my babies through a different lens, to capture a moment so perfect and so inspiring that I fall in love all over again.

1 comment:

bonnieb said...

You open the lens for all of us to see your love. Thank you. Tutu