Thursday, May 18, 2006

you can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

My pregnancy so far:
  • hungry all the time
  • thirsty
  • peeing constantly (is it pregnancy or the fact I'm drowning myself in water?)
  • sore breasts
  • gassy (even worse than before)
  • exhausted (3 o'clock nap, anyone?)
  • restless at night

We couldn't be happier. Like a character in Peter Pan, this pregnancy is my happy thought. Happy to finally be pregnant (after 15 months of trying). Happy to think of starting our lives as parents. Happy to know an end to work stress is in sight. Happy to daydream about what this little sweet pea will look like. Happy to know that my hubby will be a daddy. Happy to give his parents their first grandchild. Happy to give my parents another one to lavish with love.

God is so good. His timing didn't make sense to me, but now that we are pregnant, I couldn't be happier (see paragraph above). By the time we got pregnant, I was fully reliant on Him. Fully trusting that his will and his way would be done in my life, regardless of what I do or who I am. And now, as I look into the future, I can only put my trust in Him, the giver of life. He knows what I need. He knows my heart's desire. He is big enough to handle any fears or concerns or worries.

I don't know if I would have made it to a place of reliance and trust if we had become pregnant right away. I might be freaking out about miscarriage right now. Instead, anytime I start to worry, I put my trust in Him. I can rely on Him and Him alone for fruit in my life. And just be happy.

No comments: